Friday, December 10, 2010

Karaoke Isn't Just for the Bar or Your Office Christmas Party, People!!

Do I have an extra special treat for all of you!!!  Some extremely smart people on 20SB decided it would be fun to get together and develop a "karaoke vlog ring", wherein we all record videos of us singing and dancing around to some good tunes and post them on each other's blogs.  Of course, I missed last month because I was too busy ripping my hair out of my head, but I am now participating in the BEST MONTH EVER!  December's theme is:  SHOWTUNES!!  Ohhhh yeaaahhhhh, this is right up my alley.

So if you want to see me prance around with a feather boa, screeching singing loudly to the sweet and melodious voice of Queen Latifah, pop on over to LalalaLauren's blog at Lauren vs. Reality.  In fact, even if you don't want to see me acting like a fool, you should pop on over there anyway because she's awesome (and Lauren didn't even tell me to say that.)!

I am very fortunate to be hosting Erin from The Post Modern Talk-o and her terrific video, which really puts my pile of drivel into harsh perspective.  And, she is also singing a song from RENT, which, as many of you know, IS MY FAVORITE MUSICAL EVAH!!!  So her cinematographic (is that a word?) and performance skills, in combination with her impeccable taste, make her pretty damn cool in my book.  So, without further ado, heeeeere's Erin!:


Word Bianca. Have I mentioned I love B sides? 


B-sides that though,  I almost didn't have time to do this swap because I've just moved to Paris from Washington DC. My submission is a video montage, in order of final visits leading up to that transatlantic flight.  If you want a little more background on the endeavor head over to my blog, the Post Modern Talko and check it out. While you're there be sure to give Michelle  and learn a little bit more about her world.  

Thanks again to Rishita for organizing this months swap! 







Awesome!  Have a great weekend everyone!!

15 comments:

Sara said...

Oh shit. You're so fucking cute. And that video was creative and fun and interesting AND your voice sounded good.

Screw you, Erin.

Michelle & Max said...

damn it, Erin, why do you have to be so cool and upstage us all with a full-length mini film? and how did you even have time to do this in between moving to PARIS and all?
oh, amazing. seriously.

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

WHAT THE HELL?! This was so good. I'm like in super love with you right now. Like really hard.

theTsaritsa said...

Damn, you just blew us all out of the water, Erin! Loved it, really fun to watch.

Cassie said...

Yup, this was awesomesauce. (Awesomesauce is definitely still a word.)

I saw what you did there-- at one point, the word empty matched up to video footage of your empty apartment. Clever, indeed.

Meri said...

Ahh, Bianca, but how many of your lovely readers have had the pleasure of live karaoke by Bi? I WIN! (80s party, that is, as well as "shoop" a bit more informally on several occasions...)
Miss you!
Meri

Bi said...

Ahahaha, yes Meri, I believe you and a handful of others are the only ones who can say they've had the pleasure! I think "Call Me" at the 80's party was by far the most humiliating, though. Mwah!

Traveler@large said...

Please don't hate me y'all. I put off doing this for a long time cuz I knew I couldn't sing the second verse. I'm feeling all self conscious about how low my level has fallen (I used to be in a touring band.) I can't sing like I used to and it fills my heart with great sadness. But if you like it that's all that matters. The video part was fun!

nadiine said...

This was really good! loved the video :) x

nadiine said...

also... where did you get that feather boa? You actually rocked that song!x

Kanriah said...

Good Lord I think I love/hate you. Love cause that was Awesome. Hate cause that was so awesome that now I feel Lame.

This was Great!

Christina In Wonderland said...

Damn you Erin. I loved this. I would totally buy your EP if you released one. Basically, I'm telling you to write songs and record an EP. There, I said it. I love you and I want your voice. It wasn't perfect, but isn't that what's great about music? If you sound perfect, then you're just a factory girl. And you most certainly are not! LOVELOVELOVE!

Tabs A. Geek said...

The video is awesome Erin. And so is the singing. I'm kind of jealous at how good you are. Your voice is so unique sounding which is amazing.

Tiff said...

I love it Bianca! I love the use of air quotes surrounding the word "flapper" in addition to the lovely arm movements. Good job and keep it coming. I could go for an exciting rendition of a holiday song...

Nicki said...

Soooo I just saw your amazing video on Sara Swears a Lot and then I come here and find ANOTHER amazing video by Erin...this karaoke ring is not doing wonders for my already overstuffed Google Reader.