Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Singing My Bluuuuuues Away, Karaoke Blog Ring-O-Death Style!

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for, AGAIN!!  KARAOKE!!!  I almost had to back out this month due to family troubles, but thankfully things looked up in time for me to rock out one more time to the theme of love/anti-love songs.  Of COURSE the theme had to do with the most dreaded holiday of the year, Valentine's Day... You know, the day that Hallmark invented to make single guys and gals feel like pathetic, lonely losers with no hope of happiness until our valentine comes along.  Bitter, much?  I don't think so!

My selection for this month is lovingly dedicated to two of my besties from the Hell known as High School, Alicia and Allison, since this is in homage to a romantic Valentine's Day date we all had years ago.  Please be warned that I babble on for like two minutes before the song even starts, the duration of which is a mere minute and a half!  But, if I'm being honest with you, I may or may not have consumed a little wine prior to the making of the film.  NO that is NOT the sun shining in the background...  Ahem.

Anyway, if you want to check it out (which you totes should NOT if you don't want to be bored to tears), hop on over to Lauren's blog at Czech You Later (BTW, I spelled "Czech" wrong like ten times before I got it right.  Word.).  And again, don'tjudgeme.

I have the pleasure of hosting the lovely Ms. Stephanie from The Odd Duck, who is making her karaoke debut this month!  She describes herself as "very shy", so I have to give her some wild applause for her rousing rendition of "She Fuckin' Hates Me" AND "I Will Survive" all in one video!!  Personally, I think she's pulling one over on us by describing herself as shy, 'cuz she seemed perfectly lovely and charismatic and extraverted if you ask me... Without further ado, here she is!







Wowza!!  Nice job, Stephanie!!

~Bi~

14 comments:

MrsCaptKerk said...

So cute! I loved that you decided to change songs half way through. Hilarious!

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

I agree! I love that you showed us your attempt at both songs. You are super, super cute ma'am. And your dancing just makes me want to hug you.

*hug*

Lor

Stephanie said...

Awe! Thank you. I'm sure I'm blushing right now. Alot. =]

THUNDERCAT832 said...

Awwww that Steph chick is adorable!!!!

Meri said...

I forgot about that song- I'll have to check out her blog!

Amanda said...

Cute. :) I liked it. I also sang she fucking hates me but it was awful. Hence, Wicked Game!

Traveler@large said...

I remember that song from when I was wicked little. You didn't even get to the chorus! C'mon!!!! Ok, you made up for it with the second song. You don't need no backup dancers, have faith in yourself!

Sara said...

I love BOTH your song choices so, so much. I sing I Will Survive in the car with dancing motions and yelling and intense eye squeezing shut. You did an amazing job. I'm so happy you decided to join this round! :) And you look adorable, too!

Rio said...

Mash-ups are what this blog ring has been missing, your song selections were awesome. Great job, Ms. Stephanie!

Caity said...

Cute! (found you on 20sb) Nice song selections.

Cassie said...

This is soooo cute! I love the utter contrast between the two songs. And you did great. :)

theTsaritsa said...

Adorable!! I like that you did two songs, a hardass song, and a ladies anthem. Great job :)

Lost said...

I give you an A. And that is on a scale of 1-10. That is how much you rocked it.

Nicki said...

I LOVE that you had the balls to do two songs and show us both! Lady, you are awesome!