Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Karaoke Blog Ring O' Death: ONE HIT WONDERS!

Uh oh, it is time for the Karaoke Blog Ring O' Death again!!!  And it's finally here, the theme I have been waiting for!  My favorite favorite "genre" of songs, the beautiful, the MAGICAL, "one hit wonders"!!  Just to illustrate how much I fricking love one hit wonders, you should all know that when I was in high school, I was so obsessed with them that I made a FIVE VOLUME set of CDs, complete with every one hit wonder I could illegally download rip off of my legally purchased CDs at the time.   Then, I gave them away as graduation presents because I was convinced that other people must love one hit wonders as much as I do, which I don't think is really the case.  Anyway, I LOVE me some one hit wonders!

I chose to do a little ditty with my guitar this month, which I am really regretting now that the time is upon us.  If you want to subject your ears to absolute torture, but perhaps get a good laugh over my incredibly lack of musical ability, hop on over to the lovely Daniella's blog, Chronicles of a College Girl.  But please don't feel obligated to watch me humiliate myself even more than usual...

I mean it.  I won't be offended.  Ahem.

This month, I have the absolute pleasure of hosting Nyx from Nyx Notions!  She is so fricking adorable!!  Anyone that puts "spectacular fuckup" on their thumbnail is one awesome broad in my book!  Plus, she's singing a classic one hit wonder that my mom makes me listen to on repeat every once in a while because she thinks it's funny.  Well, perhaps next time I'll just have to show her this:







Much thanks to the lovely Sara for organizing, as usual.  You did a spectacular job!

~Bi~

16 comments:

Christianna said...

One hit wonders make the world go round. And they have also changed the coarse of music as we know it! I say one hit wonders, should happen more often.

Even if it ruins someones dream (evil laugh)

beanditch said...

Why weren't we schoolmates?! Gosh, I would have KILLED for one of those sets!

Liddy said...

Some of my favorite songs are "one hit wonders," and often I am a huge fan of the bands who create them (the best example being Chumbawamba, love them). There was a great special on VH1 that highlighted the greatest one hit wonders of the 90's... truly a joy to watch. Cute vid!

ShellyTalks said...

This song makes me think of my cousin. She was OBSESSED with this song!

Coyote Rose said...

I love that you pointed out the Mullet. Mullets from the early 90s rock!

also your so fricken adorable!

Erin like it's hot. said...

Do you remember when he a perfume line based on his sweat? It is weird to be watching a computer from a computer on a computer.
They do make clothes like that though...just sayin!

Erin like it's hot. said...

Also I love how you forgot the words directly after blog fodder and tried to hide behind the laptop! lolzers

Sara said...

AMAZING. Such a good song choice, for reals. I'll admit, I sang along a bit because this song is just too classic not to. My dad used to listen to this ALL THE TIME.

Cassie said...

Haha no, you're TWANGIN'! Love it.

Kate Weber said...

I love it! I really thought about doing this song, but I'm glad I didn't! You would have put me to shame!

DB said...

Oh my god. Just to let you know what kind of town I live in, they taught us to line dance to this in elementary school as part of our PE time.

Totally telling the truth.

And I love them too! But that may just be because I'm obsessed with those VH1 countdowns.

Dave said...

Somehow the hair makes me imagine you if you were in an 80s high school type movie. Also, you have nice teeth. (I was at the dentist today, so that's probably why I noticed that...totally not weird, right?)

Ethony* said...

LOVE it! You totally suit the country twang :) plus that is the ULTIMATE one hit wonder

Nyx said...

lol, i love all of you wonderful, wonderful people. thanks :)

Alicia said...

Perfect song and how sad is it that I know all the words. Your twanging was sheer perfection!!

Johnny Madrid aka Tim E. said...

It made me all warm and fluffy inside. I prefer this one over the original. ;)